View Single Post
Old 03-30-2009, 07:25 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sir Sam View Post
Someone had a car phone in there at one time, and the radio is a factory one that has been switched out. But its not like its a rats nest of hacked up wiring.
OK, there is a TSB about troubles stemming from aftermarket accessories causing troubles with the remote locking but it sounds like the troubles you are having are something which has developed recently and the electrical work which was done was done some time ago so I think we can rule that out.

My suspicion is the system thinks it is receiving an unlock signal which is what causes the windows to go down (read the owner's manual, I think the feature will cause the windows to go down if you hold down the unlock button). The problem with one window not going up is unrelated I think but is probably just not sync'd right. To sync it just hold the button to "up" until the window goes all the way up and continue to hold it for 10 seconds or so. That ought to fix it but you can also find this mentioned in the owner's manual and confirm the procedure.

Many electrical glitches seem to be "fixed", at least temporarily, by disconnecting the battery and letting the various computers "reset". I would try that, but keep in mind you will need to have the radio code and will have to resync the windows and steering position sensor afterwards but in my opinion it is worth a shot to see if this helps at all. Also, maybe it is the transmitter at fault...do you have a spare key and if so have you tried it?

2013 C300 4Matic
1984 BMW 733i
2013 Lincoln MKz