View Single Post
Old 04-05-2009, 01:00 AM
KHAAAAAAN-gress

Gone and done it again... Introducing my new CWC candidate

Ol' Rotchester

The wagon has 187k documented miles, spending most of its life in New York. Somehow it made it over to Kansas in the last 5 years or so, with brief stints in Wichita and Lawrence.

So, the good:

Runs and drives amazingly: 250 miles logged just today driving it back from Lawrence

Near Minty interior:

Second row 60/40 with headrests, which means...

Third row:

The best part of the car is this:

I haven't done a tally yet, but I estimate 20-30k in service invoices alone on this car. One of the last ones in NY was nearly 6k for an entire front and rear suspension rebuild, all belts, hoses, and fluids, along with other odds and ends. A 3k transmission rebuild is in there as well.

Now for the bad... this is why the car begins with rot.

Pretty good wallops on the front fender, passenger door and rear quarter as well.

Okay, now the ugly... Brace yourself.

That's my fist poking through the wheel well.

Engine shot:

I can't believe the owners would maintain their car mechanically with such fastidiousness while allowing rust to consume it. Its so depressing.

Many parts are going into trigger, and I may be parting it out to (peachparts) Members. It seems such a shame, though.

a shame, though.
Attached Thumbnails
Gone and done it again... Introducing my new CWC candidate-img_0502.jpg   Gone and done it again... Introducing my new CWC candidate-img_0504.jpg   Gone and done it again... Introducing my new CWC candidate-img_0507.jpg   Gone and done it again... Introducing my new CWC candidate-img_0508.jpg   Gone and done it again... Introducing my new CWC candidate-img_0510.jpg  

Gone and done it again... Introducing my new CWC candidate-img_0511-1.jpg   Gone and done it again... Introducing my new CWC candidate-img_0513.jpg   Gone and done it again... Introducing my new CWC candidate-img_0515.jpg   Gone and done it again... Introducing my new CWC candidate-img_0516.jpg   Gone and done it again... Introducing my new CWC candidate-img_0517.jpg  

Gone and done it again... Introducing my new CWC candidate-img_0520.jpg   Gone and done it again... Introducing my new CWC candidate-img_0521.jpg   Gone and done it again... Introducing my new CWC candidate-img_0522.jpg   Gone and done it again... Introducing my new CWC candidate-img_0523.jpg   Gone and done it again... Introducing my new CWC candidate-img_0525.jpg  

Gone and done it again... Introducing my new CWC candidate-img_0525.jpg   Gone and done it again... Introducing my new CWC candidate-img_0526-1.jpg   Gone and done it again... Introducing my new CWC candidate-img_0528.jpg  
2001 CLK55 AMG 101k
2007 S600 Biturbo 149k Overheated Project, IT'S ALIVE!!!

Last edited by whunter; 01-29-2010 at 08:57 AM. Reason: merged/attached all pictures, valuable thread