View Single Post
Old 04-07-2009, 02:49 PM

I know I didn't cover everything in my spreadsheet, since it was a quickie right after I woke up. I figure tire replacement isn't going to change, since I drive so little now that tires go from age long before I wear them out. My insurance company doesn't ask me how much I drive anymore. They used to, but then they stopped. I'm not sure why.

I haven't had any of my cars long enough to know how many miles I get out of a set of brakes, but I don't think a commute up to Reno would accelerate brake wear by much, since most braking happens at the start and end of a commute. The brakes don't get touched during the highway miles in between.

I thought about depreciation, but it's tough to figure considering my cars are pretty close to worthless already. The 300D MIGHT be worth two grand and it goes down from there.

Don, I might do an oil analysis next time I'm due for a change. I was under the impression that you still needed relatively frequent oil changes even with synthetic on the 61x engines due to massively sooting up the oil.

83 300D Turbo with manual conversion, early W126 vented front rotors and H4 headlights 400,xxx miles
08 Suzuki GSX-R600 M4 Slip-on 22,xxx miles
88 Jaguar XJS V12 94,xxx miles. Work in progress.