View Single Post
Old 04-08-2009, 03:55 PM
Dieseldiehard

Quote:
Originally Posted by Skid Row Joe View Post
I don't ever remember seeing one, unless I've got a door panel off, in over a million miles of driving a Mercedes-Benz diesel.........how's that.....?
Warren Buffett's Berkshire-Hathaway, Inc......$19.00 a share in 1965 to $151,650.00. What a ride!
Uhmm, they meant the Alternator Regulator, not the window regulator. Nice feature on MB alternators is the removable regulator that carries the carbon brushes. Usually they wear down, the solid state regulator doesn't fail. Not so on VW's I saw my friends alternator that died on his CDI, it was a Bosch alternator but the regulator was part of the whole diode cap, a ***** to change, it looked like a 2 hr job just getting it out! Darned transverse serpentine belt up against the fender and you have to remove coolant hoses to get to it, I said NO WAY would I fix his alternator! I suggested he go buy a Mercedes!

Incidentally, Berkshire A shares are now $87,900 so you need to edit your tag line. Wow! clear sign of the damn subprime Obamanation bailout at work!