View Single Post
Old 04-24-2009, 10:22 PM

By the way, does your semi-gloss grey lower molding have shiny chrome attachment?

My bumper feels to me like bare paint (no paint at all).

Fortunately, the collision center is an Amica's referral shop. Amica will send someone to me to inspect my car. If Amica agrees with me that the shop did not paint properly (or did not paint at all), Amica will have the shop work on my car again. I do not have to argue with the shop, and I do not pay for the additional work.

By they way, this Mercedes approved shop never does the job right. The picture was taken at the third visit to pick up the car. At the first and second, I found faulty jobs, but they aggressively tried to refuse my request to correct the faults. I had heated talk with them. I contacted Amica and Amica simply approved the additional jobs without any question.

You know the rubber parts right behind the rear wheel (at the front ends of the plastic bumper). They put right side rubber to the left and vice versa. As a result, they had to turn each piece upside down while the curvature of the bumper varies from top to bottom. See the ugly mismatch in the picture. It is hard to believe that Mercedes-Benz of USA approved this collision center. There are only a few MB approved collision center in Massachusetts.
Attached Thumbnails
MB "Dull clear coat" on '92 W124?-image003.jpg