View Single Post
Old 04-25-2009, 09:55 AM

Unhappy W202 alarm goes off randomly

Hi everyone!

I have a '96 W202 C180 Mercedes. I bought it last year on november. It has a factory alarm unit (there is a button in the console with a red light in the middle - see attached pic). Lately the alarm has started going off for no apparent reason. Sometimes three or four times a day. It's very frustrating because it occurs in the evening too and I'm having a lot of complaints from the neighbours who can't sleep. I want at least to disconnect the wire which triggers the car horn. So everyone can sleep... But I can't find where it is. Can somebody help me with a guide please (better if it has pictures too)?

What I did today was open the trunk and near the battery there is a fuse box. And I removed fuse no3. which is for the anti theft alarm. Now the red light in the console doesn't blink anymore. Even if I pres it. I hope this manner the alarm won't sound anymore. Or is the fuse only for the light?

Sorry for my english :]
Attached Thumbnails
W202 alarm goes off randomly-console.jpg   W202 alarm goes off randomly-fusebox.jpg   W202 alarm goes off randomly-p.jpg