View Single Post
Old 04-28-2009, 05:29 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by JayRash View Post
Forgot its a W201 not W124.

BTW back when my car was stock for a period of time it used to have a knock like sound every time i reached 5000 rpm. i knew it was not knock then cause i know the type of knock my car made and the rattle i was hearing was different. the rattle was quicker and un interrupted then it faded over 6000rpm. till now i have no idea what it was but car ran with that for almost a year. that went away with the turbo install.

Any way make sure the metal sheet that covers the engine mount is fixed firm and look for any metal shields that might be rattling about.

And always use 98, as 95 is sure to cause detonation, but u already know that , but factoring in that u have droped ur advance that much, i doubt iits detonation u hear.
Jay, from discussing it with friends I've come to the conclusion that it is most likely pre-ignition caused by the hot spark plugs. I'm currently running H9DCO, on the 16v I run H7 and later on H6 without a problem, also found out(searched the forum) that RBYCC runs NGK BP6EFS which is equal to the Bosch H6DC . I'll get new plugs tomorrow and see what happens, hope they solve the problem .