View Single Post
Old 04-28-2009, 12:39 PM
W123 Obsessed

didn't think of that....

i am aware of the routine maintenance suggested, and i should have noted that those things should be done first (maybe we could get a master list of those exact things together with links and/or stickys as well).

so the answer is definitely above stock. if there is a tiered system based on difficulty in achieving the modification, i would say i'm interested in all of the first tier modifications. if performance level differentiation is based on some other system, then i'm not aware of it and am not sure how to describe it. basically, i'm looking for explanations and how-to's, suggestions, and discussions of some of the most common things you see in people like ForcedInductions signature. If that is too complicated or too hard (in the opinion of the forum) for a shade tree mechanic then maybe any modifications that are on the tier before those ones.

does that clear things up?

Quote:
Originally Posted by DeliveryValve View Post
Although there are a number of folks here who can answer your questions much better then I can. But I do want to add a question to your question... What performance level are you wishing to achieve?

Routine maintenance (valve adjustment, timing chain stretch adjustment, IP timing, etc) can improve the performance to stock level for a vehicle that needs it. Then there is above the stock level. If you want go there, then how far above stock do you want to go?