View Single Post
Old 05-07-2009, 02:51 AM

gawd, i know most of you are joking, but some of you really need to be a bit more realistic about what you perceive indians and their culture. yes, india and indian culture may not be up to 1st world standards, but not all of the country and its people are backwards ass. i have yet to travel there, but some cities in india are truly world class, say my colleagues.

i happen to work with many indian contractors who work hand in hand on our software development projects. most of them have masters in computer science, phDs and mbas (even if they are on the IT side) most have scrapped their way up to the top, take education way more seriously than most americans, and are the most gentile people you'll ever meet. and about the education/money correlation thing: yes, its true. i read an LA Times article and on a per capita basis here in America, Indian Americans have the highest income and % of PhDs.

as many have correctly pointed out, the car is based on the needs of the people, the lack of parking, and room to manuever. not to mention, the streets are already crowded and don't move at a high rate of speed. think of manhattan at rush hour. you dont need a freakin' ford excursion to pick up your ingredients for your chicken tikka masala dinner, folks.