View Single Post
Old 05-12-2009, 02:13 PM
Incompetent Loser

Quote:
Originally Posted by yellowbenz View Post
The volume of air in the line is replaced by brake fluid. It's likely not a great amount, but there is no way the fluid level is going to stay the same. 3 feet of line is going to consume some brake fluid as well. So, if you're not seeing the fluid level drop a little and bubbles coming up from below, you're not doing it right.
I definitely was seeing some fluid loss when doing the brake->clutch slave bleed method, but some was leaking down from the bleeder valve threads on both the caliper and the slave. I tried putting some tape around the threads on the slave bleeder and putting the bleeder valve back in, but the tape just fell off.

One thing I noticed was that the clutch slave or the clutch hydraulic system in general was holding some pressure for sure. I would get it pumped up from the breaks and close off the valve, and when I opened it, I could feel pressure backing back out. That didn't seem right to me - if the pedal isn't pressed in, I would think the pressure should be alleviated up through the reservoir.