View Single Post
Old 05-12-2009, 10:40 PM

Location: Out in the Boonies of Hot, Dry, Dusty, Windy Nevada
Quote:
Originally Posted by chetwesley View Post
I used the FSM method first (brake caliper bleeder to clutch slave bleeder, pump and crack).

That didn't work so I used a pressure bleeder on the clutch slave, trying to bleed bottom up. It didn't seem that the fluid was going anywhere - the reservoir wasn't getting any fuller.

That didn't work, so then I tried putting the pressure bleeder on the top reservoir and pumping the clutch (with the slave bleeder closed). At this point I was just making things up, but I did see bubbles coming up whenever I pumped the clutch so I kept doing that for a while.

That didn't work, so I tried bleeding from top down (opened the slave bleeder with the pressure bleeder on the reservoir). Some bubbly fluid did come out the bottom and then a clean stream.

That didn't work so I came in and went on the computer to see what you guys were talking about

The strange thing is that it does not seem like fluid goes in when I bleed from bottom up - whether it is with the FSM method, or with the pressure bleeder. But if I pressure bleed from top down, fluid does come out. That drives me crazy and makes no sense to me.
This is almost a carbon copy of what I did. You are right, it makes no sense.
I did have my wife pump the peddle, and I would open and close the slave nipple. this is what we were doing when it decided to work.

I have no ides why the brake nipple and the slave nipple can`t be the same size. I used something like 1/4 in clear line on the brake nipple with a small hose clamp. I used some smaller size for the slave nipple, and attached the 2 lines together with 2 brass hose barb fitting. one male and one female. 1/4 in and 1/8 in.

I now have about 2800 miles on it sense 4-10. I did have some small amount of slack in the clutch peddle before the MC had pressure against the release bearing. now it is tight. I tried to turn the ecentric at the top of the rod (pita job to do) on the MC. so far no treasure .

Charlie

1) Not much power
2) Even less power
3) Not nearly enough power!! 240D w/auto

Anyone that thinks a 240D is slow drives too fast.

80 240D Naturally Exasperated, 4-Spd 388k DD 150mph spedo 3:58 Diff

We are advised to NOT judge ALL Muslims by the actions of a few lunatics, but we are encouraged to judge ALL gun owners by the actions of a few lunatics. Funny how that works