Thread: Acorn
View Single Post
Old 05-19-2009, 10:35 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Palangi View Post
...Did any of Acorn's fraudulent registrations actually vote? Hell if I know. Show me where I claimed that they did...
That's what I thought you meant when you said this:
Quote:
Originally Posted by Palangi View Post
...Mythical Acorn voters...
Quote:
Originally Posted by Palangi
...Trying to prove how many fraudulent voters got away with it is like trying to prove how many drivers got away with running stopsigns today...
That's true, except that we know people run stop signs. I ran one today. What is much less likely to occur, IMHO, is for someone to risk jail time for casting a fraudulent vote, especially in a major election. The risk doesn't justify the reward. Except in rare cases, the winning margin in presidential races in individual states will be thousands, maybe hundreds of thousands of votes. Where is Acorn going to find anyone willing to risk going to jail to improve its candidate's chances by one vote? It doesn't make sense.

As I said before, I don't know whether Acorn is a good organization, but I resent the GOP using Acorn to help stifle legitimate voters. The Indiana voter registration law upheld by the Supreme Court will almost certainly disenfranchise a larger number of legitimate voters than it will prevent fraudulent votes. The scandal here is not Acorn, it is the hypocritical and anti-democratic (note the small "d") efforts of the GOP to disenfranchise voters.
Quote:
...A couple of things are certain, however. For one, Acorn has been involved in attempted voter fraud many, many times, and not just in the recent election...
If that's true, then why do the people on your side of this issue keep raising all these cases where Acorn did nothing wrong? So many of the supposed fraudulent voter registrations from Acorn were flagged by them.
Quote:
For another, it appears that a hell of a lot of Democrats are more than willing to accept attempted voter fraud as simply business as usual. (If the shoe fits, ......)
So long as it is only attempted voter fraud, it's better than GOP-style disenfranchisement.
Quote:
... Attempted voter fraud is a crime. You're supposed to be a lawyer, I'm surprised you didn't know that. ...
Why did you think I didn't know that?
Quote:
WMD's didn't exist?? Some of them certainly did..
Not in amounts that threatened us. Isn't that the point?
Quote:
Sodem Hussein used them on Iran as well as on his own people.
Years and years ago. By the time we invaded, he was toothless. (I can't believe people still debate that issue.)
Quote:
Too bad for your side the mofo is dead. I'm sure Obama would love to have invited him over for tea and cookies.

Last edited by Honus; 05-19-2009 at 10:46 PM.