Old 05-20-2009, 01:54 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by lynns View Post
Richard
Brush Touch Auto Reconditioning
13144 Carolyn St.
Cerritos, CA 90703
562-577-8168
If you own a R129 SL with the AMG Sport package you know that at any point in time there's a chance that the lip of your bumper will get caught on a curb or concrete parking slab.

It happened almost one month after I had it repaired by Brush Touch but because the car is black I decided to repair it as best as I could until I had the time and funds to repair it again.

The first repair was done by Richard's Son's and they did a great job so I thought when I called Brush Touch this next time they would still be in the business. But Richard showed up at my 5/12/09 appointment and explained that they couldn't handle the business.

I was having ALL of our windows cleaned at our house so I had to ask Richard to work around the corner in one of the parking lots assosciated with our Homeowners Association.

The day started out with his frustration that he had forgoten his mobile phone. From there it got worse. I asked him how he was going to repair the 'tor n plastic bumber'. His response was, "are you trying to tell me how to do my job?" I've been doing this for 34 years." As if I was to be impressed. At that point I was ready say, just leave but I didn't and that was my mistake.

From then on his Customer Service skills went more and more down hill. After about two hours I returned and the patched area loked fine so I wrote him a check for $300.00. because he only takes cash and check. He now has the checks written to "R.M. Auto Repair" instead of "Brush Touch Auto Repair".

After a couple of words we both went our seperate ways. Later in the day after the paint dried I looked under the car to find a multitude of paint runs. See the attached. I sent these pictures to him and he said he would be back a week later after the paint had dried.

He cashed the check on 5/13. I called him on 5/18 to set our appt. for 5/19 at 8:00 AM. At about 9:30 AM I called him and he said that he had left a message on my cell and did I get it? NO Well how does 10:00-10:30 AM sound? At 10:30 AM hecalled me and said that he had more work to do at his customer site and that he would post me throughout the day which NEVER happened.

So I called him at about 7:00 PM to ask him when he would be out to take care of my car? How does 7:00 AM sound tomorrow? Fine, lets do it. He was there at 6:50 AM complaining about my concern over the multiple paint runs. I kept my mouth shut cuz I new he was looking for any excuse to leave. He sanded the runs, did a light paint and was gone.

Bootomline: if his son's were still giving the quality work I probably wouldn't hesitate to promote this mobile repair shop. But now that Richard is back in the front lines I say stay clear of this business unless you want to deal with a total A..hole with zero customer service skills.
Attached Thumbnails
Plastic bumper mobile repair, OC & SD-img_0079.jpg   Plastic bumper mobile repair, OC & SD-img_0081.jpg