Thread: Cadillac
View Single Post
Old 05-29-2009, 10:20 PM
Zero

Quote:
Originally Posted by pawoSD View Post
My wife's aunt can beat that one.....she has a 2002 Chevy Blazer with the 4.3 V6....it has: 34,000ish miles on it....today she drove it to a house about 7 miles away, it was overheating....so much so that it smelled bad and the hood was too hot to touch when she got there. So she leaves a little while later....and thinks that by "driving slowly" it won't overheat....she proceeds to drive about 15 miles.....she pulls into a shop....due to the SMOKE from under the hood. The engine was nuclear hot.....how hot is this? It Melted the dip stick. Thats right, MELTED it....and no oil. And, after 4 hours of sitting the motor was still too hot to touch. Its likely beyond toast. I couldn't believe it. This happened today!! The thing still has brand new brakes and stuff on it too, that I installed last summer....oh well. Now she'll have to get a whole new car.

Now that, is abusing cars!

Pay attention hatterasguy, that same motor is in your truck! Our neighbor had an Envoy with that motor too....it also died from an overheating problem.
The 4.3 is a fantastic V6, they run forever if you don't do something stupid and overheat it until it stops. I'm pretty sure any engine, even the sainted 617 would die if you did that.

One of my uncles has one with 250k miles on it, its one of his crew trucks for his company. The guys beat it to death, and I'm sure its been on cheap 10k-15k mile oil changes for the past 200k miles. Still runs great.

The new Cadillac's are nice, 08 and newer would probably be OK.
2007 Tiara 3200