View Single Post
Old 05-30-2009, 06:17 PM
https://fintail.org

Here are the pictures of my car:

The first picture shows my car with the Euro headlights installed.

The second picture shows the end of the air intake (the port to the right) which comes out behind the right headlight. The engine draws all its air from behind the headlight. I noticed one small hole on the bottom of the recessed headlight area and one small hole on top that allowed some (but much less than ideal) air to enter, which would explain how the car was able to run. The Euro headlights fit flush around the frame of the recessed area and use a seal to seal it. When the light is installed no air can enter this area except for the two small holes previously mentioned. If no air can get into the area behind the headlight, how can the engine breathe?

The third and fourth pictures illustrate the two small holes as mentioned before where some air is able to enter but certainly not enough for the engine to perform properly!

The fifth picture shows the Euro light fitting flush against the frame of the recessed headlight/air intake area and sealing it off.
Attached Thumbnails
My New Euro Lights Are Causing My 300SD To Be Slow (Time For a K&N Air Intake?)-300sdeurolights.jpg   My New Euro Lights Are Causing My 300SD To Be Slow (Time For a K&N Air Intake?)-300sdeurolights2.jpg   My New Euro Lights Are Causing My 300SD To Be Slow (Time For a K&N Air Intake?)-300sdeurolights3.jpg   My New Euro Lights Are Causing My 300SD To Be Slow (Time For a K&N Air Intake?)-300sdeurolights4.jpg   My New Euro Lights Are Causing My 300SD To Be Slow (Time For a K&N Air Intake?)-300sdeurolights5.jpg