View Single Post
Old 05-31-2002, 08:46 AM
Don Stevens

Here is another "snake oil" to consider....more

Check out Amsoil at www.lubedealer.com/dstevens

It really is not snake oil but a top quality synthteic. I called it snake oil simply to rouse some interest . If you do some research you'll find that Amsoil was the first to the market (before Mobil-1 Redline, and the rest) with virtually every type of synthteic oil for automotive use and they have a stellar reputaion for quality and value. Because they are relatively unknown and we have all been brain washed by media advertising, most people think it is just another garage shop. Actually Amsoil's sales volume (North America) is third behind Mobil and Catsrol for automotive synthetic lubes and it is all class IV PAO base stock with the best additive packages in the market. Unfortunately it is only available by mail order in North America. I could re-sell it to overseas customers but honestly shipping costs make it cost prohibitive.

Use of this product WILL NOT void your warranty if you stay within factory recommended grades, drain intervals, and you have the documnetation to prove you have met the guidlines. Some late model Mercs require special lubes avaialble only at the dealers and I have an application guide to tell me which cars require which lubes.

I don't have a 500E (I wish I did) but I am a Porsche racer as well with several endurance race wins to my credit. I have experience with Redline, Swepco, and of course Mobil-1 and honestly believe that Amsoil is the best value for street driven cars. My statement is supported by used oil analysis results (including analysis results race winning cars) which in my oinion is the only way to measure a lubricant's performance. Advertisers can and will say anything to peddle a product but the real results (wear and longevity) show up in used oil analysis.

Feel free to e-mail with specific questions and if you want to read more go to "The great confusion at Mobil" thread on this board.

Don