Thread: Peach Parts
View Single Post
Old 06-16-2009, 04:02 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by yhliem View Post
x6 here.

But is anyone really surprised? I mean REALLY surprised? Over the last 15 years or so we've seen MB's focus shift from producing a quality product that people will pay the price for to producing a low-cost product that lends itself to being a product people buy because it implies 'status'.

Over the same period of time we've seen them become more concerned with spending untold millions on flashy ad campaigns to attract NEW customers while abandoning the core (ie returning and long-term) customers via after-sales service. Remember the ad campaign in 1987 where they called us "The Best Cared for Customer in the World?"

Bottom line: Daimler AG, MBUSA, and MB Canada just don't give a damn about the people who have owned MBs for 10, 20, or 50 years and keep coming back.

+1,000,000

This brand went from having excellent dealer service as recently as the early/mid 1990's, to being staffed by a bunch of dishonest and disrespectful vultures who treat their (soon-to-be "former") customers like utter crap. I've never had more horrendous experiences anywhere than I've had at my local MB dealer. If/when I get rid of my current MB that I've had for ages, I doubt I will be buying another one.

FWIW, BMW is just as bad. Lexus, Jaguar, Land/Range Rover, all seem to have top-notch service. But MB and BMW have really become ridiculous.