View Single Post
Old 06-18-2009, 10:31 PM
2 doors, 5 cylinders

Quote:
Originally Posted by barry123400 View Post
No action in any gear probably means very low on fluid or no internal hydralic pressure. Make sure the driveshaft is not turning in gear though with a failed rear axel or rear end.

It has happened before when the owner thought the transmission was out. You should almost count on having to change the transmission out if their is enough fluid in there to be safe in the deal. It should lower the price of the coupe enough to easily compensate for it if you change it out yourself.

If this is not a negotiating tool I would not know what one was. He obviously does not want to deal with the issue. Best of luck...

Thanks Barry, he is actually asking a really low price for it. Hopefully all is well and the thing is just desperate for fluid. He told my dad, who just told me, that the sellers stepson was driving it at the time. He went to the post office, shut the car off, came back out and nothing worked.

I did find an empty can of trans-x stop leak in the trunk...

I'll check to see if the driveshaft is moving, replacing an axle sounds a lot more appealing to me. I just need to get the poor old girl to start.