View Single Post
Old 06-21-2009, 01:01 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by linus9 View Post
Thanks. You were right about the front driver side window (although there's more to it which I'll get to) and I was just kind of dumb about the front passenger side and rear driver side windows (the fuse was old and spent; I hadn't even checked).

In any event I tested for conductivity in the driver side front circuit behind the kick panel; it was strong there. I replaced the wiring and found unfortunately that when the switch is pressed the motor sounds for a couple of seconds then the window goes down slowly and seizes about a third the way. I'm thinking the regulator may be bad. Does anyone have experience with this problem and if it would seem likely to be the regulator what exactly makes it fail in this kind of way?
Different year and model but on both of may rear windows the Regulators were bent and twisted. On one the teeth were rounded of on the regulator gear.
One of the windows would go up but not down; even after the new regulator was installed. It turned out that the contact points in the switch were a little burned.
Taking apart the switch and cleaning the contact points cured that.

Have not had to mess with the front ones so far.