View Single Post
Old 06-22-2009, 07:44 PM

The pic that compressignite posted is indeed the same as my relay. The p/n is as listed above 007 545 99 32. So I have done some checking and don't understand the situation.

1) Under no key conditions, my batt has 12.46V and the red lug wire on the relay is the same.

2) I have good resistance levels on gp 1 & 2 (didn't check further). Their resistance is only 0.2 ohms or so.

3) Removed the gp pin connector and no voltage of course on the pins with no key.

4) Turned the key to preheat position. No light on the dash. However, I measure about 10.98V on the 5 pins that the gp leads go on. However, the motor is clearly not preheating. This seems to me that it may not be enough voltage???

5) I don't hear the relay clicking but clearly there is some connection changes that happen upon keying it.

6) Shut everything down and again the batt is back to normal 12.46V or so.

What's the problem here!!!

That relay is about $185. Should I change it out or is there more to check first.

I did get the car to fire this afternoon once it sat in the NC heat today. It started hard and rattled for about 5-10 secs and then ran like normal.

I had one fuse in the block that was gone. It was in slot 'D' and is a 16Amp fuse marked aux fan. I put a different one in for a bit and it didn't make any difference in the gp problem.