View Single Post
Old 06-29-2009, 09:47 PM
Dead on balls accurate...

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mr.Kenny View Post
I made the mistake of putting synthetic oil in my MTD mulching mower I bought new in 1991....the dang motor wont wear out but the deck is rusting away and I have replaced the wheels a few times and the blades at least twice. Now the old cables are jury rigged so I have very 'simple' controls on the motor itself.
The mower has turned to something you would find on "Mad Max" or "Red Green Show"....DIE! PLEASE DIE ALREADY!!! I want to buy a New shiny mower!

And no; I don't really want to start using the stinking 'nice' lawn boy, i have posted on Craigslist.
I feel your pain! I use only M1 in everything including the B&S engines in the push mower and in the Snapper ride on. The push mower is from 1999 and he basically held together with duct tape and wire. The self propel hasn't worked in 5 years and the shut off is now me holding the governor closed to kill the throttle stupid thing is either full on or off no speed control except the governor. The darn thing will not die! It starts on the first pull and does not smoke or use any oil. I change the M1 at the beginning of every mowing season... The Snapper is even older being late 1980's vintage and he will not die either. I have replaced the blades three or four times, the seat twice, gas tank, all the cables and belts more times than I can remember and the tires once all around and twice in the front. Again the darn thing always starts and runs great. Lots of power to go up the pretty steep hill I have in my back yard. Neither engine has an oil filter, but the oil stays pretty clean over a season.

Current
Monika '74 450 SL
BrownHilda '79 280SL
FoxyCleopatra '99 Chevy Suburban
Scarlett 2014 Jeep Cherokee
Krystal 2004 Volvo S60
Gone
'74 Jeep CJ5
'97 Jeep ZJ Laredo
Rudolf ‘86 300SDL
Bruno '81 300SD
Fritzi '84 BMW