View Single Post
Old 07-12-2009, 09:30 PM

Unhappy Any 1986 230e owners out here? Help a brother out?

I just bought a 1986 230e from the first owner. He ordered the vehicle new in Germany and had it imported to New York when it was brand new. It is a very low spec car only two real options, sunroof and manual A/C. Cloth, 5 speed and no power windows, seats, door locks, antilock brakes.

The PO had a crappy alarm system installed at one point in the cars life. Well the alarm did not work when I bought it and he told me the A/C was dead too. I brought the car to a garage and he got the A/C charged up with R12 and working great! until.... one day I was driving home and smelt a horrible burning smell. I looked under the fuse box and found my #12 fuse had burnt and melted right into the fusesocket! My A/C and blower fan stopped working at this point. I did find the stupid alarm was wired to #12 and #9 in my fuse panel.

My problem is my manual is in German and I have cut and pasted to Google translator enough to figure out the fuse box is the only place where the #'s for the fuses and corresponding function card resides and mine is missing!

UGH does anyone have one they can scan and post? or email me a copy of to drewconti@comcast.net ?

The car is a 1986 230e. Any listers in Europe with a similar car?

Thanks in advance!

Andrew