View Single Post
Old 07-14-2009, 08:50 PM

I GOT IT!! It WAS easy as pie.

What the problem was when I was working on it the other day, I was not able to get that clip out for some reason, but tonight, I was able to pull the clip straight out very easily. Your right, the mat was a pain, but Fulcrums directions to remove the floor carpeting made it alot easier. I was not able to remove it the other evening when I was trying to do it MY way.

Also, I had hard time twisting the old pedal off of the rod, but I finally got it. It was popping and cracking.

The new pedal went on as easy as silk. Oh, btw, I can see NO difference in my old pedal and the new... the design that is. I thought someone said they were different now. ?? I will post a photo of the old pedal later.

Funny thing though is that the old pedal dont look broke, which had me concerned, but that plastic tab is floppier, which may have been the issue, because with the new pedal now in place, it seems to be fine so far. I guess time will tell tomorrow when I drive it.

OIL change tomorrow evening.

I am still learning at this Mercedes stuff... I have had three of them over the past 6 years, but I really have never had any issues that needed attention. Lucky I guess. Now I can focus on my odometer (broken) issue... I think I will leave that to the MB shop though.

Thanks again!