View Single Post
Old 08-07-2009, 01:03 PM

Thanks for all the responses. So it looks like recommendation is clean stuff up, replace shims and clips, and possibly all the hardened hoses that are part of the elaborate CCV system.

What about the injector lines, any need to replace lines or o-rings? I think all the crud build-up is from the CCV system, so hoping to not have to dig into the injector lines, but if it is easy and cheap, maybe a good time to do some more of this work. Let me know what you think.

On the flap, I am guessing the code is being thrown because the wiring that gives actuation feedback is a problem. I will inspect later tonight. I can see the flap actuating properly at 1500 rpm, just as expected, so the solenoids and vacuum lines are all doing their job. The other possibility is the valve is sticking and I just happened to catch it when it was working OK. But resetting code usually causes it to come back within a few miles, so it is a pretty consistent code throwing.

There is definitely an electrical connector and a vacuum line at the valve itself, I will snap a pic tonight and include it. I will also get manufacture date.