View Single Post
Old 08-13-2009, 06:55 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by babymog View Post
No valve adjustment on the 606.

Found that out yesterday to the amusement of my mechanic...

By the way, my car is the same dark blue (1995 Special Edition) that's in your photo. Hopefully I'll get mine looking as fine as yours by summer's end. I have a lot of interior work to do too. I'll be following your headliner repair in a short time. Its a great write-up you have provided the forum.

I like your design using a self dimming mirror and adding the small visor replacing original phone device. I don't know if this is possible, but I'd appreciate finding out if the existing wiring for the phone could be employed to install a cradle for a blackberry, allowing the utilization of the existing hands free system in the car.

My MB has 212,000 miles and gives me about 22 mpg in town and 31 mpg on the highway. I picked up this car with about 140,000 miles on it in Jan '05. I make about five 1200 mile round trips from NC to NJ a year. In earlier use, I got about 35 mpg and at times even better. Do you think that this drop in fuel economy is due to normal aging of the motor or could it be due to the "new" ultra low sulfur diesel fuel?

Regards,

Pete