View Single Post
Old 08-16-2009, 02:14 PM

OK I re-inspected the timing cover, its definitely not cracked. The threads were dirty, after I cleaned them up the tensioner assy bolts into it fine and can tighten to 74 lb-ft no issues. Got lucky there...

I will check at dealer on Mon to see if they can get me the spacer between the timing cover and the tensioner body. Looks like 1/8" will bring belt flush riding on the tensioner wheel, I didnt realize belt was actually hanging 1/8" off end of pulley but you can clearly see grooves in the wheel. Hopefully this is all that caused the drama. Really I'd want more like .2 to .25" spacer to make the belt centered on tensioner wheel. I'll bring my dial calipers down to dealer and measure the width of this spacer. But I wonder if just shimming the actual tensioner wheel with a few washers would accomplish same thing. Guess it would cantilever the tensioner wheel a bit farther from the tensioner arm so we'll try to do this right the 1st time (err...3rd time).

Hey on another question not related to serp belt tensioner but relevant to the carnage this all caused - there are 2 press switches on the a/c drier where the site glass is. Im left with 2 blue/red striped wires shredded, the pig tails are gone. These both went to the sensor on the top of the drier (the brown sensor). Does it matter which goes to which pin? Since they are both same color maybe its just an on.off switch that either wire can go to either position. If someone can look under the hood and verify Id be much appreciative!

I also need to get some vac line connections since those were obliterated right at the top of the tensioner spring.