View Single Post
Old 08-18-2009, 05:08 AM

Would anybody recommend replacing all four springs as well?

As far as the rear suspension bushings go, I am getting some serious squeaking from back there.

When I bought the car the transmission was shifting very harshly(vacuum leak in the emission control system since bypassed) and the right rear shock lower mounting bolt was loose so it clunked very harshly with the tranny shifting the way it was.

Because I don't know how long the shock was in this condition and because I know that the PO also drove this car on dirt ranch roads I am pretty sure that this shock, at least, is toast.

The squeaking comes from both sides of the rear suspension and I also get them occasionally from the front.

I know that the PO replaced the tie rods up front but I haven't checked the bushings there or the rear.

The strut mounts up front are also cracked pretty bad and deeply. They're basically shot.

Do they make a urethane strut mount for this car? If so, would you recommend that over a rubber one?

I have also heard that there is a rubber pad between the top of the springs and the body on the rear.

If so, do they make a urethane version of that? Recommended?

I haven't really checked out any bushings so I will definitely have to do that before I proceed.

I haven't actually measured the gap between the wheel center and the fenders on the rear so I don't know for sure that they are sagging but they appear as though they might be. I also don't know for sure what that measurement is supposed to be.

Last edited by i-osprey; 08-18-2009 at 07:45 AM.