View Single Post
Old 08-23-2009, 08:47 PM

You quoted the engine was really deflecting pretty hard under your initial extracting the injector efforts. Leverage etc. may have been improved by using the fore and aft axis of the engine as a pull line when initially loosening the injectors. I guess I better correct that as that was actually what you were doing. You should have used the diagonally cross the head line as your pull axis. Your way the motor mounts where increasing the difficulty by flexing to the increase in applied initial torque. Reducing it effectivly to some degree in my opinion.

My guess is the movement you created exceeded the normal engine motion and something like a heater hose end has been unusually disturbed. You should be able to clean things down and trace the current coolant leak to it's location. I doubt it is anything of a serious nature.

Also the other principal reasons for the testing of the new nozzles. I would want to know they were correctly set. Plus the new nozzles spray pattern is observed during the check.. New parts are not always good.