View Single Post
Old 08-25-2009, 09:21 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by DieselAddict View Post
They did. Watch the documentary. It does cover the financial issues facing those countries' health care. That's really their only problem. Hospitals are frequently cash-strapped over there whereas here in the US it's the patients who are cash-strapped and the US is the only developed country where citizens go bankrupt because of medical bills.

but if the doctors quit, does it matter. there is no perfect system, but at least the system we have rewards doctors for hard work and doesnt marginalize their efforts by mandating a pay ceiling far below what should be commanded by their education.

what I truly would like to see is a simplification of the current system's paperwork. I saw a report where a doctor had 100 patients and had to have a staff of 8 to maintain the insurance paperwork. thats just rediculous. her take home was on the order of 70-80K by the time she paid staff, and then insurance for malpractice takes a big chunk of that. to be honest I think the US is driving our best and brightest into the practice of law rather than medicine

1982 300CD Turbo (Otis, "ups & downs") parts for sale
2003 TJ with Hemi (to go anywhere, quickly) sold
2001 Excursion Powerstroke (to go dependably)
1970 Mustang 428SCJ (to go fast)
1962 Corvette LS1 (to go in style)
2001 Schwinn Grape Krate 10spd (if all else fails)