View Single Post
Old 08-28-2009, 10:07 PM
Renaissances Dude

Quote:
Originally Posted by theref View Post
first know where the best Steeler bar in Seattle is located and second arrange your travels around the games in that period. Hint: Sideline in Factoria -in Bellevue.

The suggestion concerning Winthrop is interesting. The town itself is not that big a deal but the drive on the North Cascades Highway is a very big deal. I guarantee that you will not see the like in PA or anywhere back East.

You can take a ferry to Bainbridge Island and continue up to the Hood Canal Bridge and up the Olympic Peninsula to Port Townsend. Way beyond there is Port Angeles and the turn off to the hot springs but Sol Duc hot springs reminds me of a tenement in the forest. Better to go to the Dungeness Spit and walk out as far as you like. It is magnificent.

Closer to Seattle, the Pike Place Market is great-especially on Saturdays.

PM me if you need more detailed suggestions.
Sol Duc is a little down in the mouth. My mom used to go there when she was a child and she took all of us kids there a few times. Now my sister takes her kids there every other year or so for a camping trip. The lodges are not too alluring.

I went there last summer and met a sweet young lady from Quebec City. It draws quite an international crowd.

http://www.peachparts.com//shopforum/showthread.php?t=230404

I really dig both the Stevens Pass and North Cascades highways. I've driven via SP to Tonasket at least 20 or 30 times. The drive north from Wenatchee along the Columbia is pretty cool.

Last edited by cmac2012; 08-29-2009 at 03:01 AM.