View Single Post
Old 09-03-2009, 08:39 PM

As one who has had cancer myself. I have just considered the last ten years or so free time. If the cancer had developed say twenty five years earlier than It did. I probably would not have survived. .

The surgeon told me to get my affairs in order as I might have only approximatly three months to live after the operation. Depending on how the proceedure goes and type of cancer.

The wifes rapid recovery from a bad heart attack six months ago was much the same. Medicine does seem to have improved with time. They do invasive proceedures on the heart in the first 12 hours after the attack. At one time it was wait and see.

It was too foggy for the helicopter to fly that night. The ambulance had to transport her in heavy fog as well. Really slowed things down. Our small town does not have cardiac surgeons so you are transported to a regional heart care center. She still made it well under the windows time allowance though.

I am only all too happy and thankful that she made it and the cause of the attack was eliminated. She was so sick for the first few days. Emotionally it was the greatest upheaval of my life.

Tomorrow at ten my doctor will probably finish my change to different medications for my high blood pressure. This getting older has it's issues. Better than the alternative I suppose though.

Best of wishes and good circmstances. I might have some experience mentally of what you have and are going through. I turned sixty seven a couple of months back and still am very,very active fortunatly.

Last edited by barry123400; 09-03-2009 at 08:50 PM.