Thread: I love my car.
View Single Post
Old 09-08-2009, 07:07 PM
Sing Blue Silver

I love my car.

Just wanted to say that.

Over the weekend I drove from Newington CT down to Southeast PA (for the meet) and back....then I drove from Newington to Bridgeport CT back to Newington and then from Newington to Ludlow Mass and back again.....612 miles on one tank of fuel and I still had a gallon left in the tank At no point during any of the drives was I at all tired, in fact on the way down to PA I thought it would be nice to stop for a morning coffee but I was just making such good progress and the ride was so good that I ended up driving to Chads in one straight shot. Now here is the amazing thing, with the exception of that last leg of the drive (From Ludlow MA to Newington) I was in no way on an eco-drive. Most of the time I was doing the normal steady 70-75 passing like normal and not being concerned about saving fuel and I had a decent amount of weight in the trunk.

On a normal week I average 550 miles per tank and my absolute record is 624 miles in one tank. The next time I go on a long highway drive i'm going to set to cruise to 65 and see just how must I can get out of a tank.

"The thing is Bob, its not that I'm lazy...its that I just don't care."