View Single Post
Old 09-12-2009, 03:25 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sev View Post
possibly a problem with the vacuum bladders inside the euro headlight housings. apply vacuum, and listen to the bladders. do you hear air hissing sound?
Only when letting the air back in (releasing the vacuum hold). But as I directly apply vacuum to the actuators in the headlights, they hold VERY well.

As for the source I tapped the accessories line on the brake booster hose (second vacuum plug). First one is for EGR/transmission/VCV. Right after the second plug I have a 3-way connector for the Euros and the accessories main line, which divides into the 4-way connector (2 for the central locking, 1 for climate control, 1 for ignition).

I did not tap a reservoir, I don't know how that is needed but I know it's part of the diagram. So with that instead of a 3 way check valve (2 in, 1 out) I installed a one way check valve (blue/black), which was NOS part I had from years ago that I never used. Checked it prior to using and air only goes one way so I routed it properly.

Still, the headlights do not want to move when I dial the switch from 0 to 3 and/or back. Is it supposed to be instantaneous?

When I set it to 3, the engine will not shut off. If it's at 0, 1 or 2, it shuts off immediately.

My other problem is why are the lights pointing UP, instead of down? These levelers are supposed to be to illuminate the road when the rear end is sagging with weight and the front end is pointing up. Headlight beams will not be able to cover the road in front so the leveler is designed to point the lights down, correct?