View Single Post
Old 09-15-2009, 12:10 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Squabble View Post
the monarks are from hamburg germany. they're somehow different in their design that makes flow easier or something. those who use biodiesel and svo swear by them as does anyone i've ever heard who put them in to run regular diesel. i forget the details of why they're different but i've heard no complaints.

this looks like it all just adds up to me getting them done by the pros and paying what they're asking...just was hoping to get it cheaper as i'm about to buy a 4 spd tranny with all extra parts for the conversion as well as a complete manual sunroof. and i think the same dude is gonna trade me my bundts for hubbies.... off topic i know, but i'm pretty psyched! just breakin' the bank though...

The Bosch Nozzles for 617 engines have drillings at #14 and #15 through witch idle and low quantity’s of fuel pass through.
The Monark Nozzles and the Bosch Nozzles for the later Mercedes do not have the drillings and use a Facet (I believer they are referred to as 265s); a flat portion on one side of the Pintel to accomplish the same end.
The difference is that I believe it is easier for the drilled parts to become clogged with carbon that the Faceted Pintles.

Bosios have neither drilling or facets.