View Single Post
Old 09-17-2009, 10:36 AM
Benz Enthusiast

Quote:
Originally Posted by ILUVMILS View Post
The blinking low fuel light is telling you that the car has just failed the EVAP test for a large leak. The fault code is P0455. The gas cap could be loose, or the purge valve may have failed. There are a number of possible problems. The reason the light blinks only when the car is idling is simple. The self-test for a large leak is performed only when the car is idling at a stand-still. Also, the test only occurs if the fuel tank is between 1/4 and 3/4 full.
are you referring to the purge valve in the hood that has MOT written on it ?
I have the same low fuel light blinking issue with my 00 E430. only added isssue is now I can't seem to fill up gas. the pump keeps stopping as if I have a full tank of gas even when the tank is nearly empty. takes a lot of tries to finally fill up gas.
I've also read some posts where the shut off valve on top of canister was causing this.
which should I replace first ? the purge valve with MOT ? (I've already cleaned it and it does tick/work) or the canister shut off valve ?
Some posts suggest that I could have fuel in the canister. Would fuel in the canister cause the P0455 code and also rough idle when can is running on normal temperature (engine hot not cold like recently started).
thanks in advance.

Last edited by Benz300; 09-17-2009 at 10:46 AM.