View Single Post
Old 09-27-2009, 08:30 PM

Sorry guys...I have 170K on this car. It "feels" like a vacuum pressure issue that gets under a load and can't maintain. Here is what happens. Start the car in the morning....fires up pretty quickly for the most part. Idles fine, 750-800 RPM, engaged in gear or not. Drives fine as far as I know with decent power. When engine warms up to right under 80 c or over, when I come to a stop, the car drops down to about 550 RPM and sits there with a little shutter (manual says it should idle from 600-700 RPM). It idles steady but you can tell it just needs a little more not to shutter (50-75 RPMs). If I shift into park or neutral, it jumps back up to 700 RPM and is steady smooth on the idle. When I shift back into gear, it bogs down to 500-550 rpms and shutters. I sprayed Carb Cleaner around the injectors and no change so seals OK? I'm sure the injectors probably need cleaned or replaced and everything else that was mentioned above. If it's too expensive, I'll just live with it but was hoping there might be a fix that everyone seems to overlook. Hope that helps with analysis.

Thanks...Steve