Thread: WUR & CSV
View Single Post
Old 10-05-2009, 03:25 PM

Thank you, gentlemen, for the insight. Chuck, I had read the post you refer to but had forgotten it as I was researching something else. What you said made sense to me since, after reading some of the various posts, I did get a handle on the principles of the operation as described. As you said, the WUR seems to be the first place to look and it serves little to go on until that functionality is determined---and then CSV and others after that. I am impressed from other reading that the CIS K-jet is designed as a sophisticated system and if set up properly can provide a satisfactory performance. This one of mine sat for some time with various degrees of attention---and, as you related, is the prime example of need for service. I made a weak attempt at checking the WUR ( due to the time allowed) and, unfortunately, did not get the filter screen out. Is there a part # for it & can it be obtained new for when I ,most probably, ruin the one in there? I do like to take the most obvious and simple approach to these things and the screen filter seems to be first on the list. ( Why disassemble the whole thing only to find that it is the filter?)

My Air plate functions nicely--no sticking and good sealing. Fuel flows when pressed and makes the thing start --like usual. When warm, it still stumbles and barks back, indicating insufficient fuel. Filter, again. Simple CSV check was discussed and I will try to understand the details of that so I don't ruin it in trying. ( Like I usually do--and how others learn the bitter but indellable lessons)

It is readily apparent that the issue is the fuel supply and that the problem could be one or a combination of several issues from the tank to the injectors. Filters, vacuum supply, sticking and mal-adjusted bits of the several control devices appear to all be in the mix of possibilities. That is why Werner at the dealership gets quiet and studious and approaches his adding machine with respect and dreams of the nice fat bill. Then there are folks like us who dream of figuring it all out for ourselves and trumping the shop.

I do have access to a fully supplied shop w/lift. ( Don't be jealous, some of you folks. I have wrenched in the snow and cold for over 55 years on Fords and Chevys which had no such complications as these.) I should be able to knock together a pressure test for the mentioned units and I'll let you know the outcome---and credit you with the guidance which has been so patiently given this old man. Damn, I love this site.

"Still wrenchin' after all these years."

Sparky

Last edited by gs sparhawk; 10-05-2009 at 03:32 PM.