View Single Post
Old 10-15-2009, 11:57 PM

Rockers MUST be matched to old cam lobes if using used cams. If not, NEW cam=NEW rockers, or ---a sad, ruined cam.

And, as recommended to me by the MB guru, Roy, at this site, the right side oil supply is traditionally less than the left side because of the routing. And, be sure to replace the oil supply tubes--as your broken ones suggest.

And---I've run my 450 without the covers but oil goes down the outside of the block & will smoke like crazy until burnt off later. Some rags at the edge should catch a lot of it.

Oh, and by the way--don't let the chain get away from you. Disconnect the clip and tie the ends up and away from the work while keeping tension on them so you don't lose the timing on the rest of the system. Put the ends together in the same spot on the sprocket after placing the timing marks at the same place you had them. This is a busy job open to a few mistakes but can be done if done carefully with planning. The tensioning rail on the right side will probably push out and appear to shorten the chain but it can be nudged back in so you can get the ends of the chain together again.

bon apitite

Last edited by gs sparhawk; 10-16-2009 at 12:03 AM.