View Single Post
Old 10-30-2009, 12:28 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by MercFan View Post
So I think this episode of long-distance car shopping has come to an end... they couldn't/didn't want to get the car delivered to be inspected. We talked several times and the seller did not want to get the tags for the car from local DMV ($6.00) nor split the cost of a tow to get the car inspected ($50 each).... so I had no choice but to cancel the deal and walk... At the end there was something 'fishy' about it. C'est la vie - no skin of my back, just a lot of phone calls and wasted time I guess, but I did learn few valuable lessons along the way...

If you're still reading this 'blog' about my long-distance-fiasco - thanks all for all your useful comments and suggestions.
Good for you for being able to walk away from a deal because the current owner is a moron. I mean really, spend $6 to make $2800? Duh. If he won't do this, think of all the maintenance he has neglected to do on it if he refuses to spring for $6.

You'll find one that you know is right. I looked at a few Suburbans this summer before I got mine. When I bought mine, everything about it was just right.

Buying a car can be like looking for a wife. Very rarely should you 'buy' the first one you 'look' at. Do some 'shopping' and 'inspecting' what is out their first.

Past Mercedes
1979 300TD
1982 300TD
2000 E320 4Matic Wagon
1998 E430
1984 300SD
1980 300SD