View Single Post
Old 11-01-2009, 11:00 PM

clean off the valve cover gasket (my new one is coming so i have to continue using the old one) which is craking apart (super glued it back together!) and coated all three with the engine oil im currently running in my car mobil1 0w 30. i put everything back together and as i am putting the bolts back in to hold the valve cover down "SNAP!" a bolt breaks...but not just one, TWO! the picture below shows the broken bolt and what the actual size of the bolt should be. also a pic of where the other piece is....i only took a pic of one of the broken ones but they are about identical in the place where they snapped off at and both are located on the same side of the valve. i have tried to retrieve the broken ends, but i cannot even grip them with anything. they are not flush with the surface....maybe half a millimeter is sticking out. anyone have any suggestions on what i can do to get these out?
Attached Thumbnails
Valve Cover 190E with pics-headlights4-009.jpg   Valve Cover 190E with pics-headlights4-025.jpg   Valve Cover 190E with pics-headlights4-027.jpg