View Single Post
Old 11-29-2009, 08:56 PM
Rogue T Tolerant

85's are great cars. I drive one and it is worth it. Lots of goodies like the differential and that torque converter. Nice low mileage, to think that 100,000 is low mileage for these cars

My AC doesn't work, but I know exactly where the problem is. A crack in the compressor. I need to replace it and flush the lines, then vacuum, and refill with r12. Unless she figured out where the problem was, you're going to have to find where the leak is, or maybe the compressor seized. Either way it's a pain in the ass job.

Rust wise, I have a couple of bubbles on the exterior and an old bondo job falling apart in the rear left wheel well.

Pull the carpets up and see if you can see the metal floor boards. If there's rust I'd say sorry.

Definitely check the turbo banjo bolt line. 5$ it's just stuffed with crud. Mine wasn't stuffed and I was fairly surprised considering i was shy of 335,000 at that point.

Also, make sure you check the CV joints. If they're cracked and ready to rupture, that is also an annoying job to fix. I recently had one go and now I need to replace the entire axle