View Single Post
Old 12-01-2009, 10:11 AM

The engine was in a 85 that I owned, and it ran well. The valves were adjsted about 6-7K miles before the shop fell on the car (august of that year). This was about a year ago. It has sat in the car outside for that year, but ran and moved the car a couple of times in probably January.
My complaning last night reminded me that after that time, I had pulled the injectors to use in another car that was having injector issues. I placed the "bad" injectors in this car, and did not change the seal, because I saw no reason to at that point.
This engine ran veg oil for a while, but not in the last 6 months of it's life. and ran with about the average blow by of all the others I have had before being put out of commission. I think that is why it is so frustrating.

I have no idea how many miles are really on the engine. The car had over 250K, but the local shop who maintained the car said they had replaced the engine. And the PPI in 2005 showed the engine to be strong, from a compression point. I remember that because it was the first MB I owned, so I paid for a good PPI.