View Single Post
Old 12-09-2009, 01:00 PM
Formerly of Car Hell

I believe better rust protection started with the 123's in 77. If you're looking for a 4 season car in a rusting climate, keep that in mind. The 115's look better to my eye tho. Look under floor mats, under the spare tire, look for plugged weepholes in the body, thunk the body here and there, shun the crunch.

My 77 parts car, I just discovered, only has holes in the frame to jack the rear of the car to change a tire with the provided jack. Oddly inconvenient, I must say.

The Kent Bergsma at the puported 'source of mercedes' has a 123 pre-purchase checklist or 'sourcelet' as they call them. I don't know that one, but I have found others thourough (61x valve guide seals, 61x front crank seal, 61x diagnostics) , a little expensive, flirting with smug. If you look at it as spending $20 on not getting screwed, and also a way to generate a hit list to bargain down your purchase price, I'd go for it, especially if I didn't know boo. It reminds me of the out of place feeling I get when I walk into the mercedes parts counter / waiting lounge in a greasy fleece & stained carharts.

All things are burning, know this and be released.

82 Benz 240 D, Kuan Yin
12 Ford Escape 4wd

You're four times
It's hard to
more likely to
concentrate on
have an accident
two things
when you're on
at the same time.
a cell phone.

www.kiva.org It's not like there's anything wrong with feeling good, is there?

Last edited by moon161; 12-09-2009 at 01:16 PM.