View Single Post
Old 12-12-2009, 01:29 PM
Linesider

Quote:
Originally Posted by ck42 View Post
If you haven't done this already, remove the end of the main vacuum line that connects to the pump and pull it aside so that you can look down into the external check valve. On mine, it was like the check valve was a hollow tube (all the little parts had come apart and fell inside the pump).
See if you see a little disc sitting inside there. If you're lucky/unlucky, yours will appear hollow like mine...which simply means you need a new external check valve. The unfortunate part about this is that it STILL means that you have to pull the front cover off in order to retrieve the 3-4 little parts that used to be inside the external check valve.

As for a diagram, I can't find the doc that came with the kit right now, but it did a full walk-through of the process...including which way to install the valves.
If you are talking about the big black plastic line, I have already removed that part and pulled vacuum on it with the mighty vac. I had my wife hold both ends and then I pulled vacuum on both ports (individually) on the check valve. I did not look through it. I suppose I could remove it again and take a peek?

Edit: The vacuum pump and other parts will be here this coming week. I ordered them from Phil this morning.

1985 300D (SOLD)

Last edited by snookwhaler; 12-12-2009 at 01:42 PM.