View Single Post
Old 01-03-2010, 03:08 PM

Yeah, this is where being a stupid girl starts to suck. I bought a bunch of new glow plugs but I can't quite get to the GPs to test them. I bought a voltmeter and all -- just can't get at the GPs. I need to replace the primer pump and then I'd be all set to take off the fuel lines and get at the glow plugs BUT I can't get the old primer pump off. Yes, I've read all about GPs and the pumps at DG, NO, I can't do it. Frustrating.

I am sure I do need some GPs, and last time I had them changed he didn't ream them. So I am certain that needs doing. The indicator does not stay lit for long -- maybe eight, nine seconds -- and never in the life of this car has running multiple GP cycles helped with the cold weather start. I do not hear the relay shutoff you guys talk about, never have. Nor does the 'dome light' test ever show me anything.

I've got 15w40 Rotella right now.

The temp right now is about 40 but it was 20 overnight and this hunk of cold steel really hangs onto the cold. Life of the car, I've never had a smooth start under 30 degrees without heating the block.

Wrapped tape around the power cord and got that magic sizzle right away when I plugged back in. I THINK.

Last edited by topanga; 01-03-2010 at 03:16 PM.