View Single Post
Old 01-04-2010, 04:58 PM

No, I sold the AMG because I have a family of four (6-yr and 4-yr boys) and I could never drive the AMG because (a) they couldn't go with me and (b) my work is 140 miles round trip with lots of big trucks on it. Not much driving around the city and never driving to work. 1000 miles in two years?

After I sold the AMG, I bought a 43k-mile CJ7 to relive my 80s again and carry the family of four around in the city, and this '66 is kept in Brenham at my father in law's house. A customer of mine's father bought the '66 in '67 and he had to sell it in 2002, so I asked my father-in-law if he wanted it, but he never drives it and it shouldn't sit. So I've adopted it - I keep it at my house a few months of the year and make sure it all runs well and gets new fluids. I haven't had it at my house since May of 2009, but I think I'm going to adopt it back for Jan/Feb while the weather is still cool. One of the first cars I ever drove in 1985 was my dad's 280SE 3.5 coupe; so having the cabrio around is a wonderful blast of the past. It's a great deal, I don't own it, he pays for major repairs, but I'm the only one who drives it.

Apparently, I'm big into driving cars that I owned or had a relationship with during the '80s - a 1985 500SE, the w111 cab, and now the CJ7.

1989 500SEL Euro
1966 250SE Cabriolet
1958 BMW Isetta 600