Thread: The Superfat
View Single Post
Old 01-04-2010, 10:46 PM
Registered abuser

The Superfat

I'm not trying to cut anyone down with the title of this thread just being honest. There's obese, and there's Superfat.

I had a friend and colleague that was not even 40, and he died suddenly on Saturday of a massive heart attack. He left behind two young daughters that he raised as a single father, the mother was not in the picture at all. My friend was at least 600 lbs.

My sister is also superfat. At 5'6" she weighs at least 425, and she's 43. I am scared to death that she will meet the same fate as my friend and yet all i can do is stand by and watch. And it's not as if I am not speaking from my own experience, because up until about 7 years ago i carried 350 lbs on my 6'2" body. I managed to lose 150 lbs with diet and exercise and conveniently, dialysis now keeps me at 90 K (198 lbs) reliably.

It's dangerous to do weight loss surgery on people this big. I wish there was some way to motivate people like this to lose at least a little bit of weight without seeming like you are insulting them. I know my sister gets VERY defensive when i approach the subject of weight loss.

Do any people here have a person that they love that's one of the superfat and what do you do to try and help your loved one?

Former owner of a few diesel MB cars
1998 Lexus ES 300 In Chicago We Trust