View Single Post
Old 01-06-2010, 04:17 PM
Rogue T Tolerant

Quote:
Originally Posted by snookwhaler View Post
I had to fiddle around with mine (a lot) before I finally "got it right".

You should definitely be able to "feel" all the shifts. If not, then something is wrong. There are some good threads on adjustment (albeit very long and confusing). It really is trial and error as no 2 cars are the same.

I can tell you this... Be sure that the vacuum system is right before adjusting anything in regards to vacuum or you will regret it later.

When I got my car, the Bowden cable was too loose and I did not feel the 1/2 and barely caught the 2/3. The 3/4 was fine. I did quite a bit of driving around back roads, stopping and starting, re-adjusting, etc...

Once I got the cable and vacuum adjustments right, I found out that I had the 2/3 flare. I put the K1 kit in there and now it shifts as it should.

Many thanks again to the forum members that helped me with it. You know who you are.
I've seen a lot of your posts previously and I was just about to send you a PM

Out of mere curiosity is my problem similar to yours? The video I made should give you a good idea of what is going on.

My vacuum system is fortunately 100% functional with no leaks as far as I can tell. For kicks I enabled the EGR and ARV systems to see if the increase in available vacuum would do something. It didn't change anything which I figured would have been the case.

It looks like I have a long and winding road ahead of me to solve this. If I leave the system operating like it has been will I be doing any damage to the tranny?

If it is of any consolation when I had my vacuum leak in my passenger door locks the car would shift with countable shifts at certain RPMs.

This leads me to believe it is a vacuum issue.