View Single Post
Old 01-14-2010, 04:27 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by dcianfarini View Post
Wow! I got my engine back together last night at about 2 a.m.! I bought my car about 8 months ago. It ran great (I thought). I've been studying this forum and others for about a year and I decided I was ready for some DIY action! I started out with a valve job(thanks diesel giant). Every clearance was tight.. I then pulled the turbo and manifolds, cleanded the hell out of all of them! Deleted the EGR (thanks for the kit BC). Installed a pyrometer(used the pictorial thanks??) (pre-turbo in the collection flange). installed boost sensor in the extra intake manifold port. High temp painted Manifolds & valve cover (intake/valve cover gloss red, exhaust silver) They really look nice installed! Cleaned out "banjo bolts" and hoses, both of them. Put everything back together! I haven't installed my gauge yet just the sensors. BTW I can monitor a 2nd temp with my gauge. Any suggestions??
http://www.glowshiftdirect.com/3in1-Combination-Gauge-Boost-and-Exhaust-Temperature-and-Temperature-Gauge.aspx
I'll post some pictures later today. I'm gonna do a diesel purge and oil change later today after work.
My point of the post is that after doing all this (mainly the valve job I assume) the car runs/idles amazing!(I was 12 errr sodas deep last night so my observation could've been a little off!) But it was so much quieter and way smoother! I couldn't believe it!!
I bought a ebay manual boost controller.. maybe next week... This forum helped me a lot!! Thanks!
Congrats and best with the car. I too have recently gotten back into the Diesel Benz hobby. I grew up in a family that bought these vehicles new back in the bright days of MB. We still have these cars in the family to this day. They were built to stand the test of time. They are a labor of love and a true pleasure to drive.