View Single Post
Old 01-21-2010, 06:01 AM

Hey guys,

The loping idle was there when I got it. I have replaced the injectors, the timing chain (which was way stretched) and reset the timing. What is it for sure? If I knew it would be fixed! Possible causes: Timing still not quite right, injector, worn cam lobe, low compression in a cylinder (though I doubt that), etc.....

It runs great when first started, then after the glow plugs are done cycling, it will lope. After it is driven some, it gets better. If that is a clue, I hope it helps!

gsxr, no head gasket that I can tell.

Throw-out bearing is not worn, it is simply a bit loose on the clip that retains it and will rattle when not engaged. No big deal, just a noise that I wanted to point out.

Will it drive cross-country? Sure. Do I guarantee it, no. It is a 17 year old car.

I built this to keep after having many 601 engined 190s, but quite honestly, I'm less than impressed with the 602 engine. I found another '97 E300 to convert to a 5 speed, and I adore the 606 engine after having put around 90,000 miles on my wifes the last 5 years. Maybe crazy, but you go with what you like.....

Thanks,
Klaus
'16 Dodge Ram 3500 - Cummins w/6-speed
'68 Mustang fastback
'55 T-bird
‘63 Studebaker Hawk